What is my business sustainability score (BSS) ? Efficiency ratios are a great way of analysing the underlying operational efficiency of a business. Jazoodle assesses the efficiency of a company in a number of ways. Areas such as the effect a business has on its environment and overall business, people, and planet sustainability for instance
Business Sustainability Score
How do you measure a wider level of sustainability within your organisation? The BSS is a great way of doing this, and an indicator of company efficiency. Assess this over time and compare periods. In Jazoodle, we assess and compare sustainability and impact a business has on its ability to thrive, the sustinability of your employment practices, an the effect your business is having on the planet. Assess across financial years as well as on an individual monthly basis.
What does it mean?
In conjunction with the Central Coast Sustainability Association, Jazoodle has devised a score with which you can track your sustainability levels over time and track your business improvements.
Sustainability is measured by three categories:
- People Sustainability – what investments do you make in your people, your training, other incentives and investments in the wellbeing of your staff?
- Planet Sustainability – What effect are you having on the sustainability of the planet? Are your energy costs changing, waste costs?
Jazoodle has devised a score that analyses all three areas and which you can track over time for your improvements in each and overall.
Check your business sustainability with Jazoodle now
How do we derive your business sustainability score?
Your Business Sustainability Score is derived by:
We assess the percentage of costs allocated to People and Planet Sustainability in relation to your revenues and also assess in conjunction with your business Jaz score. We rate each of the three areas according to whether the percentage amount is positive or negative to sustainability. These are then weighted which results in a figure between 0 and 100. 0 being poor, 100 being excellent.
How Can I Improve my Business Sustainability Score?
Your Business Sustainability Score can be improved in a number of ways, including:
- Increasing investment in training and apprenticeships
- Reducing costs associated with energy usage, waste and waste removal
- Improve revenues (without an increase in waste and energy costs)
- Improve revenues (plus a higher increase in people investment costs)
- Reduce other costs
- Reduce current and long term liabilities